Principle #1- CSNNAA is accountable for your personal information in its possession or control.
CSNNAA is accountable for all personal information in its possession or control. This includes any personal information that CSNNAA has collected about member and past members.
- Established and put into effect policies and procedures aimed at properly protecting personal information
- Educated its staff regarding such policies and procedures and their roles and responsibilities in protecting personal information; and
- Appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee privacy issues at CSNNAA
Principle #2 – CSNNAA identifies the purposes for which it collects personal information from you before it is collected.
We generally identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use.
Some of the primary purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information include:
- To provide services to you in your capacity as a CSNN graduate;
- Personal information collected (i.e. name, address, phone number and email address), are used to maintain a registry of all CSNN graduates;
- To complete a transaction with you when you purchase or use a product or service offered by us;
- To advise you of CSNNAA products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To send you electronic CSNNAA newsletters that may be of interest to you or to which you have subscribed, and to better understand which articles are of interest to you; to send renewal notices, webinars, annual conference and other communication as necessary;
- To conduct surveys, research and analytics for purposes that include but are not limited to better understanding CSNNAA members, allowing the members to provide feedback on products and services, and producing data analytics and statistical reports;
- To present content and advertising that is customized to your interests;
- To respond to inquiries you submit;
- To establish and manage your CSNNAA Website;
- To facilitate members interaction with each other on certain platforms, such as the Private Face book group for mutual support and networking purposes. If they wish to exchange contact information at that time, they may do so.
- To validate the 10% discount off the fees for post-graduate workshops etc.
- CSNNAA is sometimes contacted by insurance companies for the purposes of verifying the credentials of its members during the claims process. Unless, you request otherwise, CSNNAA will verify the credentials of all current members should an insurer inquiry arise. We cannot, however, provide this service for individuals whose memberships have lapsed; should we receive an inquiry regarding the credentials of a past member, we will advise the insurer that this individual is not a current CSNNAA member.
- There are rare instances where CSNNAA may collect, use, or disclose personal information without the member’s consent as required and permitted by law; for example 1) to collect a debt owed to us; 2) to meet government tax reporting requirements; and 3) to comply with an order made by a court.
Principle #3 – CSNNAA obtains your consent before collecting personal information from you.
We explain your options and obtain your implicit or explicit consent at the time of or prior to collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information. We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties, such as the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (CSNN). We also collect your Personal Information where we have obtained your consent to do so or otherwise permitted or required by law.
Where it is reasonable to do so, or permitted by law, we may rely on implied consent.
Except as required to process a transaction, to maintain records of CSNNAA or as required or permitted by applicable law, providing us with your personal information is voluntary. You may withdraw or modify your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, provided that reasonable notice is given to us. If you withdraw your consent to receive information regarding certain products, publications, services or events being offered by us, you may not be made aware of same. Refusal or withdrawal of consent from use of personal information by CSNNAA Website may result in our being unable to provide you with CSNNAA Website services.
From time to time, CSNNAA Website and service updates are emailed to users. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, you may request to be removed from this electronic mailing list at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer (see contact information under Principle #8). You should understand, however, that if you are removed from the mailing list you may not be made aware of the status or availability of certain CSNNAA Website services.
Personal Information is any information that is identifiable to you. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, phone numbers, email address, identification numbers, and credit card numbers and banking information. Personal information, however, generally does not include information in relation to an individual’s employment, business or profession such as the individual’s name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, work fax number or work electronic address.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold on you and to ask that that information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below (Principle #8).
Principle #4 – CSNNAA discloses your personal information only for purposes for which it has consent, or as permitted or required by law. CSNNAA retains personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
Principle # 5 – CSNNAA endeavours to keep accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on its website.
We will ensure that your Personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible based on information provided to us by you or CSNN. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, if applicable. Personal Information may also be updated by accessing profiles created on the CSNNAA Website.
Principle # 6 – CSNNAA protects the privacy of personal information in its possession or control by using security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
We have implemented physical, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only staff that are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
When you visit our website, our web server may collect the IP address and domain you used to access our CSNNAA website, the type and version of web browser and operating system you are using, the number, duration and frequency of visits to our website and the website you came from and visited next. This anonymous information cannot be traced to a specific individual User – it is used by us simply for the purposes of analytics – for example to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, most popular preferences and other statistics about visitors to the CSNNAA web site. We may use this data to monitor the CSNNAA website performance for systems administration purposes to make the CSNNAA website easier and more convenient to use, to improve our services and benefits and to tract aggregate form. This helps us better understand our website traffic, visitor (members) behaviour and the effectiveness of campaigns, content and email-driven traffic. By having access to such deeper data insights, we are able to measure, re-evaluate content offerings, and provide you with a more personalized visitor site experience, enabling demographic and interest reporting.
We make use of Google Analytics. A description of how Google Analytics collects and processes data is set out in “How Google uses data when you use our partner’s sites or apps” (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
Please note that we have also implemented the specific Google Analytics Advertising Features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and identifiers.
Should you wish to opt out of the Google Analytics advertising, you may do so at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Our CSNNAA Website contains security mechanisms that protect against the loss, misuse and the modification of information under our control.
Please note that it is your responsibility to protect your user id and password information. If this information is disclosed, the privacy of your information cannot be assured.
Principle# 7 – CSNNAA is open about the procedures it uses to manage personal information.
Principle #8 – CSNNAA responds on a timely basis to requests from its members about their personal information, which CSNNAA possesses or controls.
We will generally make available to you any Personal Information that we have collected about you, utilized or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent permitted or required by law. We will make such information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, including explaining any abbreviations or codes. Personal information of CSNNAA members may be reviewed and updated by accessing profiles created on the CSNNAA website.
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests no later than (15) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information or our Privacy Policies and Practices, should be forwarded to our Privacy Officer as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer
18 Willowbrook Rd.
By e-mail: [email protected]