June 2, 2021
By Jenna Lessner at Simply Nurtured (www.simplynurtured.ca)
My mom gave me some delicious, fresh vegetables from her garden last week. And I was inspired to make one of my favourite salads! Greek Salad with an avocado dressing. You really need to try this…
- 3 heads Romaine Hearts (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Cucumber (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Red Onion (diced)
- 2 tbsps Black Olives
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Shred romaine hearts and place in a large bowl. Toss with halved tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, diced onion and black olives. Set aside.
- Scoop out avocado and place in a food processor. Add olive oil, dill, garlic and salt & pepper. Process until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss till well coated. Serve and enjoy!