Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies
November 23, 2022
by Dani (www.foodandsoul.ca)
I love being able to start my day off right, but that doesn’t mean that I always have the time to sit down and do so during the week before heading out the door. That is one of the reasons I love this breakfast cookie recipe, not only are the delicous and filling but they are chalk full of magnesium, potassium, antioxidants and omega 3’s that help support our nervous system. As well as protein and fiber that can aid in balancing morning blood sugar spikes.
The recipe is quick and easy (you can swap out and change whatever nuts or seeds that you have on hand, the chocolate chips/cocoa nibs for blueberries) and they are great to make in batches and store in the freezer! Plus who doesn’t love #cookiesforbreakfast
Grab a cookie or 2 with a bowl of yogurt or smoothie for a quick and easy morning breakfast or pop a couple in your bag to take to work for an afternoon treat!
How To Make Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies
2 ripe bananas
1/4 Cup peanut butter
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1.5 Cups oats
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp flaxmeal (you can buy flaxmeal or just grind up some flax seeds)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sliced almonds
2-3 tbsp chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
1 tsp baking poweder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line or grease a cookie sheet
2. Mash bananas in a bowl and then add vanilla, baking powder, peanut butter, maple syrup and stir together
3. Add oats, flaxmeal, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, sunflowers seeds, and chocolate chips and mix together. The mixture should be sticky so you’ll want to wet your hand a little for the next part
4. Spoon your desire size of cookies onto the sheet and flatten them to the thickens you want (they will not spread)
5. Bake for 15-25 mintues depending on the size until the edges start to brown.
6. Store in a container for 7-10 days ( I like to keep them in the fridge because I think they tast better cold- but that’s just my preference) or toss them in the freezer for the days when you just don’t have time!
Want to contribute?
We love to promote our members. Submit your blog below and get featured on the CSNNAA blog!Submit a blog