Spicy Masala Tomato Soup
September 23, 2021
by Krista Sutton (kristasuttonrhn)
There is nothing like a good ol’ grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. I love this version of tomato soup that has a bit of a spicy kick to it. This recipe was inspired by the blogger Killing Thyme.
Spicy Masala Tomato Soup:
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 1/4 of a large onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped/minced
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 jar of Diced Tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/2 tsp himilayan salt OR to taste
- 1/2 tsp muscovado sugar or raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup Plain coconut yogurt (for dairy free) or greek yogurt
In a medium sized pot, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until translucent and soft (approx. 5 minutes). Add in garam masala and stir it around a bit until it is aromatic. Add the jar of tomatoes, salt to taste, and sweetener if you desire. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Transfer into blender or use a hand blender to blend smooth. Put back into pot and then stir in the yogurt of choice.
This makes approximately 3-4 servings depending how big your portions are.