by Samantha Gladish, R.H.N. (holisticwellness.ca)
Woohoo! It’s Friday!
I’ve got a busy weekend a head of me. Finishing up my Christmas shopping, heading out to parties and events, off to a hockey game and baking.
Yes, more baking. You would think since releasing my Healthy Holiday Desserts eBook that I would be all baked out, but I’ve got so many more recipes to test out and of course, being that my month is stacked with parties, I won’t be showing up empty handed.
It seems that everyone ‘expects’ me to bring a dessert to their house considering I’ve been taunting them with dessert photos for over a month now! Truthfully, I’m ok with that
Seeing someone bite into one of my recipes and having their face light up with joy and a great big smile makes me SO happy! Mainly because most people don’t realize that they’re biting into a gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free treat. It’s like baking trickery! Muahahaha.
Anyways, let’s get to these ridiculously easy Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes. I honestly mean it when I say ridiculously easy. One bowl, a few ingredients and you’re done. Your kitchen won’t be messy and your clean up will be fast.
These cupcakes are delicious and are perfect without the frosting. I decided to frost them for an extra nice touch, but feel free to leave them as is. I frosted them with my Chocolate Avocado Frosting (which is also like a pudding and can be enjoyed on it’s own). Alternatively, you can use my Buttery Chocolate Frosting on page 55 in my Healthy Holiday Dessert eBook or a vanilla frosting will work too!
You would think that with all the baking I’ve been doing that my kitchen is stacked with all the baking essentials, like a piping bag! Well, I don’t have one and I also don’t have the fancy tips which makes all cakes and cupcake decorating look amazing. Um Santa…I need some piping bags!
However you end up frosting these bad boys, I’m sure they will turn out delicious. Get ready to make 2 batches of these beauties (especially if you have kids) because I guarantee they will go fast!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup maple syrup*
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil, not melted but room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- CUPCAKES: preheat oven to 350F and line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the cupcake ingredients until a creamy batter is formed and no clumps remain.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 of the way, and bake until centers are firm, roughly 22 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool before transferring to a wire rack and frosting.
- FROSTING: while cupcakes are baking, add all frosting ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and no avocado chunks remain. Transfer this to a piping bag or use a knife and spread it onto the cooled cupcakes evenly. You can also enjoy the frosting as a chocolate pudding and eat it as is for a delicious treat!
- *For more sweetness, you can use 3/4 of a cup of maple syrup, but 2/3 cup was perfect for me and my tastebuds.
P.S. My Healthy Holiday Dessert eBook (which is full of recipes that go beyond just the holidays) is on sale now until the end of December. Get over 30 delicious gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free treats. Click here to grab your copy.